Saturday, January 24, 2009

Promise

What is the purpose of my life? To glorify God in all that I am, do think, and act. To love Him with all of my heart, soul, and mind. To share His message of hope with those around me. To serve others.

Does God care about ballet? About dance? I believe God cares about my faith and my relationship with Him. If I can live out my faith to the glory of God while dancing, whether that is in a Christian performing company or a secular performing company or even teaching, then I believe God cares about dance. He wants me to be a bright light wherever I am - whether it's on stage performing or at home or at work or at school - He wants me to honor Him with my actions, words, and thoughts. And if I do that, I believe He'll use me in ways I could never have imagined. He is capable of doing exceedingly abundantly beyond anything I could ever ask or even think, and I believe He can work through me to show Himself strong and to be glorified.

I don't want to set a plan for my life; rather I want to trust Him with everything I have. I don't know where He'll lead me or how He'll use me, but I've given my all to Him. I know that His plan for my life is perfect and it will be for my good and for His glory. I am so excited to see what God has in store for my life, and whatever happens, I will not fear and I will praise Him. He is an awesome God who has never failed me and who has done more for me than I ever deserved. He is worthy of all my praise, and I will praise Him with my life - whether it includes dance or not.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Sweetness, partner!!! I LOVE the heading about the choreography of life. That is absolutely brilliant. :D Yes, you should definitely continue!

Lindsey said...

Alrighty, then! Will do. You're the best. =D